mmmmm chocolate

Friday, October 06, 2006

What I did in my holidays by Cassie (28)

This reminds me of what we used to have to do at primary school. Time has flown by, and now its (I suddenly realise how slack I've been at the whole blog thing).

Cherry Blossom Festival


On the first Saturday we headed up to the festival at the International College. A beautiful day and got my first dose of sunburn for the season. Lots of different cultures - Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Brazilian, Greek, Irish etc. Heaps of fun and lots of different food. Got my nails painted and a henna pattern put on my hand....cool and even a bit girly. Shelley said after I had bought my earrings, it was the most girly she had ever seen me :)


Coolest thing were the drummers. Was just in awe watching!

Financial Disaster

I finally decided to do something about my debt and get help. Its pretty scary when you see everything laid out infront of you and wonder where you went wrong?? Ok maybe it was the car or the big screen tv....Anyway from the Womens expo I had a consultation with a financial planner who is going to put something together for me to help on the road to less debt. Any tips on saving money would be greatly appreciated!!!

Moving to the Hutt!

This should have happened a while ago. In the last two weeks Ive only spent one night in my flat. Anyway moving completely in with Anthony on 18th November. Im excited :) Have a lot to sort out and get rid off. So far have sold my old tv, a couch, my old desktop computer. I still have to sell a fold out couch, an old stereo (cd player not working but attached a dvd player to it which serves as a cd player, a toaster, probably some crockery, and a bookcase. Im sure there will be other things once I do some more sorting. Its a new step, while being engaged before, Ive never actually lived with a boyfriend.

60th Birthday Festival

It all started last Thursday when Ant's Mum's best friend came to visit for her 60th birthday. Little did I know how bigger deal it was going to be, and became a four day festival! A lot of drinking...more by the mature women than me I add. Much respect for their stamina. A big party on Sunday with many people, food, drink and presents. A birthday lunch at Cobar in Eastbourne. Even though it was visited by Prince William....its way over rated. I say go a few doors down to Chocolate Days! A bread roll with butter was $3.50! Anway after the four days I only wanted sleep. All good. Apparently Christmas is big around here too, bring that on!

There are other things to write but actually need to do school work....yucky!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Not Kate said…

    Very pretty henna!

    I might be a buyer for the toaster.

    How much do you want for the DVD player stereo thingie? Glenn could buy it to go with his giant TV. It only has a video...

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Charlie Brown said…

    I like that Henna thing you got done.

    On Glenns behalf, I'm telling you he can't afford your DVD player. Yes, I am an interfering older sister.

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger fish said…

    Sam and I need a bookcase. I catch up with you today...

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Not Kate said…

    No toaster. New flatmates bought one. Good on them! Took Chris six weeks to do that. Took them two days.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home