mmmmm chocolate

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Highlights of 2006

Since being sick for the last few days, and being basically stuck in bed, I've had a lot of time to reflect on things. Many things are personal, but I have found that all in all I have had a pretty good year thus far, so......here is my

Top ten highlights of 2006 (no particular order)

1. Meeting Anthony

- who has taught me a lot about myself, and has given me different priorities in my life. Discovered it was a very small world when I did meet him, he already knew Fish and Sam. A positive influence on me, my family and friends will testify to that. I didn't even fight with my brother once last time I visited home. I could go on....but I won't :)

2. Starting a New Job

- Moved from Paraparaumu College to Upper Hutt College. I love teaching again. I still want to be a teacher! The kids are generally pretty cool, and the staff are amazing and very supportive. I look forward to going to school...a weird feeling. Finally I realise why I went into the professsion. Well you know apart from the holidays..he he.

3. Girls Night in Martinborough

- In the first term holidays of the year, five of us went to Martinbrough for the night. We hired a house, went to wineries, and ate wonderful food. A great relaxing experience with great people including one of my teachers college friends Andy from Waihi Beach who came to visit.

4. Getting a New Car

-Once a car starts costing too much, its time to get a new one. My ol' trusty silver toyota sprinter Wolf needed a new cam belt, tyres, tail light (and plastic casing since I backed into a pole at school) replacement amongst other things, so off to the car yard I went and came home with a burgundy nissan pulsar. Although smaller than my old car, its a lot more grunty and can pick up speed quicker....woo hoo. Its called Merlot.


5. Going Home

-July holidays, decided to drive home for the holidays. Detailed in an earlier blog, I had a great time and came home feeling like I had had a real relaxing holiday. Great to see family and friends, and being happier than I have been in a very long time. A lot of people have their family on their back doorstep and can see them often. I often wish I was a little closer, and love the time I get to spend at home.

6. Summer

-A weird summer where I wasnt at my best mental or physical state, but the highlight for me was being able to spend a lot of time at the beach in Dunners (yes it does get hot there) and even getting sunburnt.

7. The Posse

- Although now we dont hang out as much together, you know you can always rely on the posse to be there when you need them. We've had some good outings this year. The Trentham Races, dinner at Eastern Sunrise, various drinking events and tennis and cricket matches. I'm very lucky to have such good friends.

8 Going Back to Study

- This year decided to do some distance study through Otago Uni. I've enrolled in a Diploma in Sports Studies. So far Ive done papers in Anatomy and Principles of Exercise. Have passed them both. Have also discovered its far better to only do one paper a semester. As Dad says the papers arent going anywhere. This semester am only doing the one paper in Physiology. Why am I doing it you ask??? I need to stimulate my brain again, and learn stuff for myself. I also want to get into Sports Nutrition in the future. Ive also been accepted into a Post Grad Diploma in Community Nutrition which Ill start once Ive finished the sports studies. I love it!

9 Being Asked to be a Bridesmaid

- One of my older friends from high school is getting married next year and she asked me to be the only bridesmaid. Im very excited! Its about time one of my friends got hitched! I also get choice of what I wear..woo hoo!

10 Having More General Optimism About Life in General

- Last year was my Annus Horiblus (sorry on spelling), finishing the year with not a lot of hope for 2006. This year I have become more excited about the future, my health has improved somewhat (berocca), Im exercising again, got a good job, good friends, and a fantastic boyfriend who takes me as I am and believes I should have more self confidence. I have had less down days and have managed my condition a lot better. Basically Im learning (slowly) not to sweat the small stuff, and it makes the world of difference.


So there it is....and there are still three and a bit months to go.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Not Kate said…

    Four and a bit months, silly. That's aaaages.

    It's been a good year for you, huh! Lots of changes. I admire that.

    And hopefully lots more fun stuff to come with Sam's birthday and our next Wairarapa holiday.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger themachobox said…

    Good stuff Sandwich. It's great not having to battle with you when come down. I still know though I am the only person who knows how to fuck you off the most, I rule!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home