mmmmm chocolate

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Rats!!!!!












While I wait for parent teacher interviews, I thought I might blog. Im actually pretty up to date with my work, and even finished my uni assignment well ahead of schedule....I'm stoked!

I was going to write about my $150 bidding incident, however not-kate wrote it so well, I thought people could just look at her entry. What went through my head, well it was a rare bipolar moment, where I thought sounds awesome ....why not? Didn't think of consequences until long after and when Kate was physically restraining me from raising my hand again. He he he ...still funny. Same thing happened when I was outbid on Cash Battle.

Highlight of the week so far...the great rat dissection with my Year 12's. If you get grossed out by guts etc, dont look at the pics. Remember these are not students, they are butchers. Lots of fun anyway :) And just remember, us humans look very similar to that inside, we are both mammals afterall.

Something else that has amazed me this week. Everyone around me is getting sick, and Im not...is the curse finally over???? Coughs, sneezes, lost voices, running noses, and Im still all good..yay!

Also, while at the zoo on Sunday, I bought an ant farm for a Year 10 project. After three days, it leaks, there are more ants outside the farm and in another beaker - but the kids are persuing it, and have even made it a dark shelter, as apparently, ants like to chill out in the dark. Bought two blow up animals (cheetah and snake) to brighten up the room - the snake has a bell in it - high amusment for the students.

Well soups almost up and interviews are upon me, only one more set of interviews after tonight. I dont like them one bit. Someone suggested that teachers should charge $5 an interview since its out of work time. With 19 interviews, that would be $95. Not a bad nights work.

Just a note to not-kate. The skull and man in uniform are a huge hit at work. Mihail took it into House assembly this morning and scared the kids with it. Well done on the choices. The kids love the pig.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Not Kate said…

    Glad to hear the wee toys are getting good feed back. I love the pig!

    Parent interviews SUCK. I think we've had all ours now.

    So that's what rat dissection looks like eh... I didn't do science long enough to enjoy that... I like the surgical masks the best!

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Charlie Brown said…

    Oh, I loved dissection day at school. It was fun! I even went home and got dad to get me a deers heart and eyeball so I could practise.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Off-Black said…

    We just showed Wee-man the pictures but he was all manly about it and showed no apparent concern. He did however wee on Fi.

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger bitemeandsmile said…

    I bought the facemasks at the supermarket, for the surgical touch. I also learnt later on that there were class sets of lab coats available - next time!

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger themachobox said…

    Mutalating rats - Is anyone else not disturbed by this?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home