mmmmm chocolate

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Bits and Pieces

Righto to start with here are some quotes...guess who said them and where they come from:

"Water is wet, the sky is blue, women keep secrets....who gives a fuck!"

"Do you ever get the feeling that America is completely fucked up."

"Only two things are infinite - The universe and human stupidity - and Im not sure about the former."

Courtesy of Anthony :)


Here are some things I have learnt or observed from the past week:

1) Appreciate your parents, and make the effort to spend quality time with them while they are here. You'll never know when something may happen.

2) Always check who you are sending an email to - it can go to the wrong address and cause a can of worms to open that you would prefer to have shut.

3) Children are very honest - and sarcasm goes way over their heads.

4) Sleep is fantastic.

5) A beach walk on a fresh Winters evening does you wonders.

6) I love my new duvet.

7) I am going through a winning streak. I have won two movie competitions, and a lotto ticket in the last couple of weeks.

8) You can never have too many friends - I am very lucky to have the friends I do.

9) There are a lot of cops and security people at the train station on Saturday nights.

10) Boys talk filth all the time, it never stops.....goes on and on and on. I went from hanging with one group of male friends to my boyfriend and his best mate, and I swear it was the same conversation.

Other things - professional development sessions suck, dogs are the best pets - they love you unconditionally, red wine comes out of carpet with white wine and salt and there is a cool gallery in Island Bay which has paintings of scenes in Wellington. I like the one of the Hall Street Dairy.
Oh and I am a bit of a geek/dork :)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Not Kate said…

    Ahem.

    Is #2 aimed at moi?

    It's a dumbass thing to do! Especially when you mention the person you've accidentally sent it to in a bad way........ as I may have done. Hypothetically.

    He deserved it! I stick by the claim that anything I say about someone I don't mind them knowing.............

    PD does suck.

    Dogs do rule.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger fish said…

    Sam's Dad once spilled red wine on the carpet that had only just been laid a week earlier!

    Thank goodness for white wine and salt... and the guy who came round with the expensive wine-sucking vaccuum cleaner the next day.

    BTW, I'm at the-fishbowl, not thefishbowl :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home