mmmmm chocolate

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Wedding shows, the Priest amongst other things

This past week has been very busy. Productive though I think.



First up, last weekend. Ant, Kate and I went to the Wellington Wedding Show. Honestly I enjoyed the Wallaceville show more. Being smaller had its benefits, as could talk to people for longer. The Stokes Valley Bridal Attire people were once again lovely, and I can feel a visit to them to try on dresses coming up on the horizon. A bit of a fun few hours during what looks to be another dark dreary Winter. Assistance, opinions very welcome so if you keen to join :)



Highlights from the show were ideas for cakes (I liked the red one but with flowers going down the side) and a nice name tag idea for the tables. Ant found a friend who can be our DJ hopefully at a discounted rate.....weeee.





Still stuck on flowers, I just don't know what I like or want. I'm no gardener, just want them simple and vibrant. Jane and Andrea have given me a few ideas, and what their budgets were so helps a bit.




Ant and I saw Father Lyons once again for our monthly visit. This months theme was how love came from God. Father didn't worry about Ant after he proudly says he has read the Bible a couple of times (I have no comment for that), and focussed on me and tried to convince me that although I think there is some force out there, I should put it into a human form to believe in God and his love. Although, what I liked was that he did side with evolution now playing a part in how we became who we are in his own belief. I continue with my force/evolution/reincarnation and other bits from many religions that I like. Next month we start our weekly course in getting married run by the church - I trust there will be stories to be told.



Fish hosted a lovely afternoon tea for her birthday on Sunday. Good to see a few people I hadn't seen in a while and even meet a couple. Ken and Holly announced their 8 week countdown until they go overseas. Time flies. Thanks for the lovely afternoon Fish!



I have got back into the pool!! At last. Paired up with the now very pregnant Andrea, we've started aquajogging, and I have felt burn from it the day later. Its great exercise. In the pool with a friend, exercising for an hour and gossiping the whole time. Awesome!



The time of term has arrived where marking has taken up a lot of my evenings, organising a school science competition, assessing, going to watch school production, taking a badminton team, and writing my essay for University. Always something on at the moment. Most people I talk to seem to be in similar situations. I get a student teacher in a couple of weeks.....if she is good....awesome. If not, that will be more work. I hope for the former. I've only had one really bad student teacher, so out of about 6 that aint too bad.



Have ventured into the Vic library this week for research for my nutrition essay. While getting my information, I observed the following in the library:
- Beards seem to be the in thing for male students.
- Students are very young, or maybe Im very old.
- In my work clothes, I stick out compared to the usual jeans, t shirts and hoodies which
surrounded me.
- Student librarians are power hungry. Luckily I got the only nice helpful one.
- Its warm, so warm.
- Big groups of people - not much study going on.
- Nearly every student I saw studying by themselves were listening to IPods or MP3 players.
- The life of a student still seems very carefree.



Weightwatchers update - lost 1.9kilos this week. Now at 9.5 kilos total. 10 is the next magic number. I've actually noticed a couple of nice things. A t shirt I put on the other day feels a big bigger, I can fit nicely into a denim skirt I bought a few months ago, increased energy and sleeping better. All positve.



Tomorrow is Friday....TGIF!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home