mmmmm chocolate

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Less than two days to go :)

A fairly good week thus far...no dramas, but man is everyone tired and looking like they need a holiday!

Not-Kate talked about great moments in teaching or moments when you realise maybe this is my calling.

I had parent-teacher interviews last night - fully booked seeing 32 parents of my Year 9 students (I have two classes). All interviews were really positive!! No complaints or anything. I got a range of compliments and many kids/parents said that for them Science this year was awesome! Total warm fuzzies. I have tried hard with the Year 9's this year due to last years being one of the two worst Year 9's I have ever taught. While completely exhausted and not really wanting to talk afterwards - I felt good and realise that I must be doing something right.

Yesterday, I was also referred to talk to a student about bipolar. I have never had to do this before, so very new experience for me. Basically she thought she was going nuts because of her mood swings etc, the fact she was up one moment and down the next. I explained many aspects of the illness to her, saying it may not be that and as I have it, it is merely a chemical imbalance that can affect my moods. Fortunately, I saw her this morning and turns out her hormones are out of whack, producing too much testosterone and not enough oestrogen. It can be fixed. I could see the relief on her face, and she was smiling today. It is nice to see things go right for people :)

No weigh in last night due to interviews, will go on Thursday night. This week has been bad for cravings for bread. I looooovvvve bread!

Kate do you want to donate blood soon? Im due to donate!

Umm that is all, almost lunchtime.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Not Kate said…

    Yeah! I love donating blood. The new guy in my netball team works at the blood bank, actually!

    Early next week? I not sure if it open over easter.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Not Kate said…

    Yeah! I love donating blood. The new guy in my netball team works at the blood bank, actually!

    Early next week? I not sure if it open over easter.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger fish said…

    I'm not allowed to donate for about another 6 months - due to my new tattoo.

    Silly really, when I am willing and able.

    And obviously not dying from an infection from dirty needles. Surely it would show by now if I was...

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this chocs getting stale...how about something fresh. your starting to slip in youre old age now, miss.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home