mmmmm chocolate

Sunday, March 18, 2007

29 is nigh...

It's my birthday on Wednesday, turn 29. This is an age which many people claim to be for the rest of their lives. For me, I have not really thought about it that much, mainly I think because of the wedding and engagement party planning, and the stress and organisation that is involved with that. Decided at the last minute to go out for dinner to Ginji's like Gengis Khan in Wellington. Not a huge do but the important people will be there :) I hope 29 will be as good as 28, as last year was definitely my year!

From there, two and a half weeks until the engagement party - about 60 people have confirmed they are coming...yay!!! Quite excited. Hope the weather is good for it.

Wedding update - have the Church, reception venue booked. Just booked videographer/photographer. Flowergirl dress and flowers sorted. Things are progressing, however I really want to get transport , flowers and entertainment sorted. So if anyone knows of a good band/dj/florist/cool cars please let me know.

Have bought another budgie called Bluebelle, a female, very pretty. She is a lot bigger than lil' B and as a biologist it fasinatiing viewing the dances, hierarchy struggle between the two. Actually there is no struggle. Bluebelle is the head bird in the cage! As far as birds go, they are very entertaining.

School is trucking along. 2 weeks 4 days to go till the holidays. Got the Year 12 Biology Fieldtrip to Pukerua Bay tomorrow. No class teaching, I like days like that. To be honest as well so far the kids have been pretty good with no real issues thus far...is it the calm before the storm????

The weather has cooled. I am glad. While I like Summer, I have achieved my tan but am ready to move to cooler weather and not feeling guilty for staying indoors and watching DVDs. The extra hour sleep today was great! Yesterday was a taste of Winter. Kate, Ange and I caught up for hot coffees, healthy snacks, DVD's, Irish Stew and gossip.....all good!!!

Also I joined Weight Watchers. A big brave step for me to admit it, but I have. It's not that bad. The secret is eat smart. You don't have to starve yourself. I'm doing the points plan, and have only gone over once (damn desert at Anneleise's, but it was pretty good). In my first week I lost 3 kilos!!! Tres chuffed!!! I did get warned it wouldnt't be like that every week but its a good statrt :) All that know so far are very supportive and the meetings are great motivation!

Anyway that is all for now. Does anyone know any good love songs?

3 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger fish said…

    Ask Michael Dew about a band - his band played at our wedding, and they were fab!

    Love songs: Think of your favourite bands and see if they have a nice ballad that might work. Avoid naff boy-band shit that will date terribly. Our song was timeless, as is the band (U2).

    Yay for 3kg! Last time I lost that much in a week was when I had Campylobacter - your way is much better :)

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Not Kate said…

    I still say 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica :)

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger OY636 said…

    sent you an email to ihug account about cars. I reckon the ultimate low rider - Chevy Imapala. They are just amazing cars to go crusing in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home