mmmmm chocolate

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Rules are made to be broken....


That's the tag line from Saw 3, from which I just returned from viewing.



"I want to play a game" - that line you may be more familiar with if you saw seen Saw and Saw II. I was to be honest a little apprehensive to see the movie, after it being heard that people ran out of the theatre and threw up, couldn't watch it and how it was so much more horrific than the first two. Okay, so it was horrific - the pureed maggoty pigs did get me a little sweaty (more from pure grossness), but even after some of the more visual scenes, I was still able to go back and eat my popcorn. My brother Scott (seen below)

will verify this, and commented that while I stopped when torture was going on, once it had finished, I was all good. If you have seen the first two and appreciate the twists and turns that go with them, I do recommend the third. The extremely visual and ewwww scenes are just part of the package. I will not go into the story but I would say it is maybe not for those with a weak stomach.

One thing the movie did do for me was reinforce my dislike for clowns. I have never liked them, they are not funny and I do now link them to mass killings - IT, John Wayne Gacy, Killer Clowns from Outer Space. Yes I do realise only one is real, but I still make the link.


On my retreat to Dunedin I have viewed a few movies, mainly on DVD. I do like the escapism of it. My parents have a vast DVD collection which is better than hiring any day. So far I have watched:

The Lake House - Although it has Keanu Reeves in it, I did think it was a lovely chick flick, and brought a tear to my eye at certain times.

Father of the Bride - I'm in the wedding mood, so why not. Classic comedy. Sneakers with lace laces are not such a bad idea for bridal shoes. I'm still maintaining I will be wearing flat shoes - pretty but also comfortable!

You, Me and Dupree - Predictable, was okay, funny in parts. Not the biggest Owen Wilson fan but filled up an hour and a half of my life.

Garfield 2 - Tale of Two Kitties - Yes, it's kids film, but funny! I like animal movies. Garfield takes me back to my childhood, all good, clean fun!

Hoodwinked - Funny cartoon interogation of Little Red Riding Hood, and what really went on.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Seen it before, read the book but still a great movie, bring on the release of Flight of the Phoenix!

I've also managed to watch a few Seinfeld episodes with Scott - who can forget the Soup Nazi, the Hot Tub, and the Calzone. Anthony gave me a series of Seinfeld for Christmas, can't wait to watch it!

Movies aside I was sad to see the ending of an 8 year flatting situation of two friends Phil and Bronagh. I flatted with both of them for a year when at Uni, and while some relationships and marriages don't last that long, they manage to put up with each other for 8 years. Well done!! Phil is off the the UK next month, while Bronagh has gone to Queenstown.




A final note, compulsary doggy photo. Below is Sooty now almost 11. Basically the third child in the house. Awwwww ( I know, she is just so cute!)

3 Comments:

  • At 2:04 AM, Blogger themachobox said…

    Jeez Cabbage. Thanks for putting quite possibly the worst photo ever taken of me on here. One more reason to hate cellphones

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Not Kate said…

    I think Scott looks just like a boy version of you, Cass!

    Damn you for going and seeing Saw III without me! I was just saying to Ange yesterday that you were the only person I could think of who would want to go to a sick torture movie with me :(

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger 5of7 said…

    I actually think that the rugged look is good for you Scotty :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home