mmmmm chocolate

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Camp Kaitoke

The last week of school - three days were spent with Year 10 at Camp Kaitoke - a few piccys of my group (who were just awesome!) and the acitivities we did. Firstly orienteering - that sucked but got better when the walkie talkies came out - Victor Charlie Charlie.......Used in playing hide and go seek. I had to hide at one point - got to chill out in an old pine tree, quite relaxing really :)



After lunch we went on the obstacle course. Now I realise as I have got older, my fear of heights and uncoordinatedness has increased - this course was not my cup of tea but great to watch - bonus of being the teacher!

Next day was archery - the best activity! While I started off shooting the arrows throw the corrugated plastic windows, I ended with a giant bruise on my inner arm from the string and got many more on the target - lots of fun!

The afternoon consisted of horse riding - well not for me- teachers werent allowed. But the instructer said I looked very young like a student (Year 10???? though) so I was happy with that. The horses were resucued and made up part of an animal sanctuary which had also recently taken on monkeys from a circus. I have a new appreciation for horses (apart from when one drooled green grass saliva on my t shirt), but they are truly lovely animals!

The next morning was pontoons where the kids had to use the available equipment to build a bridge over to the island. The picture shows what they came up with and it worked well! They were rewarded with going kayaking afterwards :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home