mmmmm chocolate

Monday, November 27, 2006

Observations of the Hutt thus far

Its been just over a week since I officially moved to the Hutt. I would like to record some observations thus far....these are not meant to be insults or compliments, just merely observations.

1. I seem to be surrounded by more smokers than non-smokers now. This I don't like, in fact I have banned smoking in my car. While some people may take the if you can't beat them, join them....I have taken the opposite route and will probably never smoke again. There is also no such thing as a considerate smoker.

2. The Wainui dairy rocks, along with Bakers delight....excellent baked goods.

3. Living across the road from a 24 hour BP (with Wild Bean) has its perks. After a drunken night either in or out...the pie and chocolate milk, along with the powerade is just waiting for you :)

4. It now only takes me 15-20 minutes to get to work - good petrol savings. Most times (except busy times) it only takes 20 mins to get to Welly.

5. My favourite cafes are still in Welly. Havent found any really good ones in the Hutt (although Galleria is pretty good, but no Maranui)

6. Most shopping I need is in the Hutt - the Mall is all of 5 minutes away.

7. The weather is always different to Welly and Upper Hutt.

8. Things are more casual. There have been a few times I've felt way too dressed up and I thought I was a casual person.

9. Its nice to live in a house again, although can't wait till I have my own things around me again. Many times I feel like a guest.

10. I have discovered the Petone Workingmans Club.

11. The traffic is sooooo much better in the Hutt. This is one thing I dont miss!

12. There are more hard out Christmas people in the Hutt ;)

I'm sure I had more to write about, but no sleep makes me forget things...I understand completely what you go through Ange!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger themachobox said…

    2 blog entries in 2 days, wha's going on Cabbage?

    Sending photos of my 'Big Medley Trip' soon plus my first business card, very proper.

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Not Kate said…

    Yeah, no such thing as a considerate smoker. I agree.

    You're blogging again!

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Charlie Brown said…

    Yeah Cass. Well done. You inspire me to want to start blogging again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home