mmmmm chocolate

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Owning a flax bag means I'm part Maori???

An interesting week, and the countdown has begun to the school holidays. 3 weeks or there abouts, and it can not come quick enough. My two classes are loosely what I can crazy, although my year 10's are loveable rogues. Except for Miss Blondie who called me "F...k'n gay" because I confiscated her note that she passed around in class. At my old school that would have been an automatic stand down, but all she got was a detention and gave a half assed apology. I guess different communities, different rules. The years 9's are what I imagine a mental hospital to be in the activity lounge. There are so many different personalities in that class that Im not surprised they dont function well as a group.

Anyway moving on....I refereed volleyball on Friday and didn't make too many mistakes. Woo hoo. It was actually quite enjoyable controlling the game and girls watching and waiting for the whistle. Played Chilton and HVHS both fun teams, and made it easy to ref, lots of fun chants from HVHS and even when I made a mistake, they gave me a positive "its ok ref" chant.

Saturday involved a trip to Foxton to visit Ant's grandmother. I had never met her before so was interesting. To be honest Im not particularly good with old people and do lack patients at times. Seem pleasant enough and could see where many of the family traits came from. Went out for lunch, and was informed my name was linked to the Prophetess of Doom (just lovely) and later found out she asked Ant if I was part Maori because I carried around a kete (flax bag).....ummm ok....I could see how she could have thought that (what the hell???) After dropping the ol' duck off we made our way home making a few purchases on the way.

Saturday night was Judge's birthday dinner at Hede, a girly night with lots of gossip. Judge was a little on the quiet side, however Ange provided entertainment with her serviette searching skills, her long thoughtful moments, her ability to cover the table with her wine and her story of her latest crush.....good to see you happier though Ange :) Later on, went on to the old Crazy Lounge which is now an off shoot of Fidels. All good :)

Today was meant to go to a kids Christmas party but ended up going to the Kirks Christmas shop...I was in my element. So pretty! All colour coordinated and themed. Fantastic!!!! Bring on Christmas!! I personally think the build up is more exciting.

A few more lights put up in the yard...very cool, cant lose track of where I live now. Found some mini glass angels today to put in the window, very cute.

Deck the halls!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger 5of7 said…

    Would not expect you to have much patients mate, i'm the nurse! I think ya meant patience...LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home