mmmmm chocolate

Friday, November 17, 2006

Raindrops keep falling on my head...

Once again its raining...actually pouring. I want Sun...it is November after all....is that too much to ask??

Its that time of year at school. The seniors have gone on exam leave for the year....wooo hooo! One suddenly has a lot more time to do all the stuff that needs to be done in order to make our lives run smoothly. Over the past few days I've helped with schemes, assessments, tidied one of my desks (I now know my desk is blue). I find Im over planning for my one or two classes I have a day, or at times not giving a toss and going in and winging it.

I did have the joy at prizegiving of having a number of students I teach getting places for subjects. One even got runner up to dux. But I managed to get 1st and 2= in Year 13 biology and 1,2 and 3 in Year 12 biology. While they probably could have got this on their own...I am proud of them :) My Year 11's while lovely and enthusiastic were not the smartest cookies, but some got house leader positions.
My house lost the cup to Blake (red) house this year. However the trophy was kidnapped for 3 days popping up in the most interesting of places.

Moving day is tomorrow, Im so over it. Still more to pack and dismantle but good to see the end is nigh. Hope the weather is better tomorrow.

NCEA marking also starting. First meeting tomorrow morning for administration. An hour driving to P'ram, two hours in a meeting, and then an hour drive home. Do you see the logic, as I certainly do not! It also involves going back to my old school, first time (apart from a volleyball game) that I have been back since last year.

Good news Ive had in the last couple of weeks.....Ant's best friend is now a proud Dad to a second daughter, Ange found and hopefully moved by now into a new flat, my flat found a new flatmate, Im moving officially (long time coming), seniors have left, a friend of mine is pregnant, another friend got a promotion to HOD, another got engaged, and my cousin is getting married tomorrow! Plus Christmas is still coming, and the backyard looks awesome! Full of lights of all different colours, a santa with a parachute, and candy canes. Can't wait till the first for the opening the advent calendar!

Have you started your Christmas shopping???

3 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Charlie Brown said…

    Oh, I was so over moving too, trust me on that! It's bloody exhausting eh. I'm just glad it's over, for another six months at least :)

    I nearly always leave stuff behind. Apparently I need to go pick up a book, some nail polish and the headboard for my bed (how the heck did I forget that? I didn't even notice it was missing).

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Off-Black said…

    Trying to say something about headboards banging against walls but can't quite make it stick:)

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger 5of7 said…

    LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home