mmmmm chocolate

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A pinch and a punch for the first of the month

Yay last week of school, and even better it's only four more days!

The countdown is also on for the engagement party on Saturday. I'm getting very excited about it now, and things seem to be coming together nicely. We recieved another couple of gifts - a big kick-ass 4 burner BBQ from Ant's Mum and Ant' s Nanna gave us her barely used drier when we went up to visit yesterday. Tops!!

The past week dragged. I guess it does that when holidays are close. Teachers and kids are tired, and grumpy. I find at times like these, sometimes it is easier just to avoid those people. A student swore at me during the week, and yet again am still waiting for something to be done about it after informing the appropriate people. I find it frustrating as the one time I made the mistake of swearing at a girl under my breath after she had left the room, I got in trouble instantly. Now to add, Im not one of those teachers who can't handle students. I have not sent any kid to time out this year (haven't needed to as of yet). I do try to rectify the issue first, and this has worked so far this year. I will send them for a good reason, not just because they are annoying me (or less). I guess thats why when something does happen of some seriousness and nothing gets done about it, I get grumpy myself, and have less faith in the leaders of the school. One thing I have noticed more this term, is that apart from the enormous amount of PD (reserving judgement on that), is that us pleb teachers get told off a lot, and recieve a lot of negative feedback from our 'leaders'. I have only heard one compliment recognising the amount of time and effort we put in from one of the A.P's who still teaches. If we don't recieve some positivity, how are we meant to show it to the students? Thanks, that is my rant for now.

My best friend Frances and her partner Shane came up to Wellington for 10 days yesterday, and caught up today. It was awesome. Fran got to meet Anthony, and gave him the big thumbs up, while Anthony said later on he liked Fran, and could see why we were friends. You can always tell when people get along, when they can start hassling each other with smiles on their faces :) Yay! We had lunch at One Red Dog - not the easiest place when you are on Weight watchers but with a salad a one piece of pizza it was all good.

Yesterday we saw Father Lyons again, and passed the Love test (as I saw it). From our comments, he pointed out we were great communicators, saw each other as the person that completes the other, and for people that have not known each other as long as some couples, we had compacted the wisdom and experience that many take years to gather into the year and a bit we have been together. He also liked how we used the word unconditional in respect to trust, honesty etc. Next month, we cover how Love comes from God. Yesterday also saw Ant and I go to visit Nanna up in Foxton. A very good day, and some interesting stories from his Nanna. Also good was the visit to Prenzels, and the Bendon factory - yay for new underwear.


Have a good short week!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger fish said…

    "You complete me!" Hahahaha! You two are so cute :)

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger Off-Black said…

    We likes Fr Lyons. He's good people.

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger fish said…

    ...even though he made me sign a thingy saying our kids would be brought up Catholic. (They probably won't be.)

    ..and another form asking the Catholic bishop PERMISSION for Sam to marry a non-Catholic. (who is involved in HER church at least ten times more than Sam in his)

    :P

    But yeah, he *is* cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home