mmmmm chocolate

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Quiet times

A fairly quiet weekend. Winter is on its way. Saturday was filled with grey clouds and rain. Pretty miserable - it feels like its almost hibernation time. How easy life would be to be a bear. Sleep the winter away, although plugging your butt with twigs, leaves, and nuts etc would be less than ideal. Winter is hard for me. Depression generally finds its way in, so it one will need to take preventative strategies so everything stays a-ok.

I had a refocus session with my personal trainer to get me back on track. It was good. Got so many recipes now, I don't know what to do with the them, however Clayton bless him is going to work out what foods are best for me at what time of day. At weight watchers last week, I did find a fault with one thing they said. They said:

"That you shouldn't eat complex carbohydrates after 8pm is a myth."

From my background in taking nutrition papers, and from Clayton - I know that unless you are going to do hard core exercise after 8pm, there is no need to have carbs as you will not burn them. As the day goes on, you need to ease up on the carbs and increase your protein. The increased protein will keep your metabolism buring overnight and also stop one from feeling starved the next morning.

Saturday was fairly uneventful. Caught up on the royal gossip in magazines.

William is now single. Kate Middleton would never had made it to the royal family - for she is a commoner. Her family are what they call new money. Although they have done well for themselves, the success is not inherited. The Queen follows tradition. Diana and Fergie all cames from high society backgrounds hence their acceptance. Royalty is full of heritage and tradition. For now it will not change.

Also from what I have read (yes it is hear say) Kate seemed a bit on the boring side for William. William is still a big party boy, where as she is ready to settle down. Two people at different stages in their lives. I also read the William also has the wandering eye with the ladies - So in my eyes not meant to be.

Harry has a price on his head if he goes to Iraq. Apparently if he sets foot in Iraq, he will return home without his ears. An army spokesperson said Harry will be heavily camoflagued so it will be hard to recognise him. Wait and see I guess.

Back to the weekend. Watched Borat - was alright, however I guess I expected more - wasn't laugh out loud funny. Had drinks at home last night, the usual Aaron showed up and a very hungover little Laura. Good catch up.

Sunday - joined the library in the Hutt. A lot smaller than the one in town, but nice and cosy. Needed books for my sports nutrition essay which they had - the aim is design a diet and strategies for a particular sport. Mine - swimming. See how that goes.

Went aquajogging with a increasingly pregnant Andrea. Was lots of fun, and a great time to gossip at the same time. Looking to get back into the pool more, forgot how much fun it is.

The weekend draws to a close - Not-Kate there is another wedding expo on next Sunday. You keen?

1 Comments:

  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Not Kate said…

    Good golly miss molly - just try and stop me from going! I hear this one has the bubble machine.

    You are a geek. You are a crazy bird lady and know way too much about the royal family :) I heard that Kate Middleton's mum was seen CHEWING GUM at a formal occasion. It would NEVER have worked.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home