mmmmm chocolate

Monday, August 13, 2007

A boy's weekend

I hung out with the boys this weekend....it was fun.

Friday after finally getting to the pub after school with the collegues, and Saturday nights......with Ant and Aaron. Joined in with them after they had been drinking for a few hours, but was sooo much fun. Wrestling, karate kid impersonations, dolls houses raining with beer, more boys wrestling.....and general gutter talk. I still am such a tomboy.

Sunday, caught up with Ed, which must do more often. Had afternoon tea at the Ballroom in Newtown, bringing back memories of when I lived in Newtown. Saw many pics of Europe including - Turkey, Italy and others from his Wellington College trip. Im jealous. Finally saw casa de Ed and Ryan plus their more precocious flatmate who I yet to meet. A bit flasher than ol' Oak Grove but still no sound proofing, Ryan will attest to that. Ed has the gimp room with an internal window to the lounge (weird). Ryan and I suggested that he could put on shows like they do in Amsterdam for money...he didnt quite see the funny side ;) Ed and I also propose a nice dinner out possibly this weekend...whos keen?

On other things.....Sooty and Sweep our zebra finches have set up nest and may be breeding soon.....very exciting. They look very cute in their nest too. We may have to buy some more males for Kate and Ange our other two zebra finches. Still waiting for the budgies to get it on.

Had the day off today, have really bad insomnia at mo, felt a bit crap so decided in best interests to stay at home. While still no sleep, I feel a little more relaxed. Made a fantastic guiness stew for dinner...mmmm mmmm.

Wedding plans continue. Stressing a little bit....got to get onto invites etc. I see why people have wedding planners. The guest list is a worry, its getting bigger and bigger. How do you not offend people? Everything costs money aswell, and the mention of a wedding makes it more expensive. Argghhh!

Anyway......make sure if you dont know already the wedding is on January 26th at 3pm...SAVE THE DATE :)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger EP said…

    Wotcha BM&S! Does it *have* to be on the 26th? I'm out of the country on that day. I might be back by the end of May, though ;)

    I'm offended!! You're right - how do you not offend people (especially people such as I who take pleasure at being offended just to piss others off (but then there are people like *you* who take equally as much pleasure in not being pissed off, thus pissing people like me off instead - vicious circle, no?)).

    I need to stop rambling when I write - my train of thought derails too easily when I sidetrack myself.

    You guys should come over here for a honeymoon, or a holiday at the least. I'll shout...you a beer when you get here :)

    As an aside (and to try to gain the world record for the longest (and most pointless) reply to one of your blogs), you need to proof read your blog before posting. There are multiple mistakes throughout. If I was a school teacher (or even still marking uni essays), I'd be whipping out my red biro by now. Hmm, I was just going to ask what your kids would think of all your mistakes but I'd be guessing that they wouldn't either a) notice or b) be able to understand most of what you wrote in the first instance. Piss poor education these days. Not like in *my* day...

    That is all.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger Off-Black said…

    Thank god you updated. I kept reading your previous post title as "Bits and boobs".

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Charlie Brown said…

    Oh Lordy.. you have zebra finches called Kate & Ange?

    Hah. Lordy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home