mmmmm chocolate

Sunday, June 24, 2007

The countdown continues...

Ahhhh the last Sunday before holidays....woo hoo.


Another busy week, I will be glad when life is a little less hectic.


My last week of my student teacher. We had a blow out on Monday where an arguement was had over many issues that Im past so dont want to go into. However apparently later on in the day, another Science teacher found her crying over it. I made her cry. I felt a little bad, however when someone disrespects you in many ways, it would also be stupid for me to stand there and take it, so I will fight back. She is also Andrea's replacement next term. My HOD informed me my job had been made harder by her appointment...yippee.



Anyway onto happier things, went on a field trip to the Science Roadshow, and my geek self loved it. Great explosions!!! I also got to go to the zoo on a teachers course. Since becoming a teacher I am yet to pay to go to the zoo. The chimps have got a new enclosure, lots of construction going on and even a new amphitheatre as well for educational shows. Looking at chimp and baboon behaviour has so many parallels to school children. I wonder if I threw them food if they would act the same way. A lecture was given in the afternoon by a scientist from Vic who has studied the size of primates testicles compared to its sexual behaviour...what a topic! Very interesting. Quite the party conversation. Two things picked up. Fruit eating possums have incredibly huge sperm compared to humans. Rhinos sperm is smaller than ours. And chimpanzees are swingers so have very large testicles.



Anyway, moving on. Second session of marriage classes came and went. This week it was effective communication, and interpreting what people really say. Now anyone that has had to do any professional development on working with people in their jobs will have taken the same class. Tomorrow is the legal and the financial information. I figure this should be one of the more interesting topics. Still they have quality biscuits at break time.

Weight Watchers - came back with a weight loss this week. Lost 2.2kilos, so made up for the 1.2 kilos I had gained last week. Felt much happier. Have been more active this week. It helps. 12.5 kilos now.


Highlight of the week was Ken and Holly's farewell at Theos Greek Traverna in Mount Victoria. Lots of people, a set menu of a variety of yummy Greek food, some interesting Greek wine that may have aged a little too long. Although, people said it did the job. After one sip, it made my jaw tingle. Plate throwing, greek music and dancing. Kate and I sanf many an op pa! finger danced and had a go at the real thing. It was noted by Fish and Ant that we suffer in both trying to lead...he he. good times. This was followed by drinks at the Cambridge, more singing, and chatting. Ant and I got a room at the Cambridge. How good was it to just go upstairs at the end of the night. Good rooms, highly recommend. In the morning we came downstairs to brunch which starts at a basic $2 for eggs on toast and you add to it what you want. Very good as you get exactly what you want, and for me no stupid tomato.

The rest of yesterday involved shopping at the mall, nanna napping, and once again getting on the booze with Ant, Aaron and others. I have come to like Ant's brother Steve more as time goes on. They get along a lot better now, and he is pretty funny at times with a dry Kitt humour.

Today, had a two hour conversation with ma and pa. My cousin is pregnant and found out she is having a boy. Excting! I made a guest appearance on the indoor netball court for Kates team. An appalling first quarter where my arms just would not catch the ball, to improving enough to score 3 goals. It was fun and reminded me how much fun it is to play. Thanks Kate!

Watched Dreamgirls this arvo. A lot singing. Was alright, but think I had to be in a different mood to enjoy it more.

Saw an ad for audtions for a quiz show "Are you smarter than a 10 year old?" on tv. Will investigate to see if they have Wellington audtions this time.

Hmmmm thats enough ranting, have a good week. 5 more days!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Disappointing - Aucklanders have the auditions once again for the quiz show. Boo :(

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger EP said…

    Haha - you made the student teacher cry! You *must* be a great teacher! Keep it up and she might not last the whole time ;)

    Actually, you realise that she most likely turned the waterworks on for show... A real attention-seeker...

    Hmm...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home