mmmmm chocolate

Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Good and the Bad


To sum up the week at school.......


Reports still on the go, not far from almost over I hope. Just completed the Form Teacher ones...yay! The incompetant student teacher got the maternity position at school starting next term. SOS. Its going to be a long six months. I have informed Andrea if she feels the urge to return early from Maternity Leave, I will not argue. Even the HOD said that my job has just been made that much harder...great! Guess thats what happens when there is a lack of applicants. I do keep thinking of the extra management unit and hopefully the money that follows.



Ant experienced Home Ec teaching on Friday with his ANZ volunteer day. From what I can tell he enjoyed it. The Home Ec ladies loved him and have booked him in again next year. The kids revelled in the fact that they had met my fiance and that he told them I was bossy at home.....hmmmm. I think he appreciated the life of a teacher (Well I hope so). A lovely drinks/nibbles session at Anneleises, and then a few drinks at Aaron and Frans.


Saturday rolled around and after gaining 1.2kilos at Weight Watchers this week, I went to the Personal Trainer and enjoyed a good boxing session. Also great stress relief.


From there it was off to Wedding Belles, to look at wedding dresses. Yay....have decided on the hiring option as found the most lovely dress. All sorted in two hours. I felt like a princess. I have finally got quite excited about this whole wedding business. Still over 6 months to go. Mainly small details now to sort.


And then, when all is well, I backed into a gas main and broke the pipe letting a lot of gas into the atmosphere. Not at my house however, at a friends neighbours...never saw the gas box on the ground in the driveway. Actually thought I had burst the tyre. Anyway, the fire brigade was called to the rescue. Not one but five showed up (obviously a busy day) and plugged up the hole with a broom handle. The gas man was next to arrive, and informed me that it was a good thing I had insurance as it was going to cost a lot of money as contractors had to dig up the ground to fix the pipe...and to top it off, there was an open home at the house the next day. The fireman asked me if I knew how to back, and the gas man wanted me to inform him when I was leaving so he could clear the driveway. Suppose when I do something I dont do it half arsed. Rang the insurance company, all should be covered...thank God.


Things improved from there and today has been a lot more low key. Got another budgie, this one called Oprah. Ant named it after the Colour Purple (guess the colour). One of the other budgies got out and swam straight into the water, resulting in him looking like this.
A throw back to the 80's I think. This one is Sploge.
Aquajogging wraps up the weekend, which was lovely. Lets hope this week is slightly quieter. Only two more weeks to go!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Not Kate said…

    CRAZY BIRD LADY! STOP BUYING BUDGIES - you have a serious addiction.

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger EP said…

    Buying budgies is much better than any alternatives I can think of. Like...picking up little kids off the street and taking them home. Or old people. Haha - I could *almost* see Ms Savage doing that... ;)

    Hi Cass!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home